The new HyFin Vent Chest Seal Twin Pack from North American Rescue sets the standard for the treatment of penetrating injuries to the chest. Providing two vented chest seals in one unique package for treatment of both entry/exit or multiple penetrating injuries to the chest.
Advanced adhesive technology provides superior adhesion in the most adverse conditions, including sweaty or hairy casualties. Packaged in a rugged, easy-to-open foil pouch, the perforated packaging allows rescuers to open only one dressing at a time as needed.
Each vented chest seal also includes a gauze pad to wipe the wound surface before application. Each HyFin Vent Chest Seal has a large, Red-Tip ™ pull tab for single-step peel-and-apply application and allows for the burping of the wound if necessary. The clear, transparent backing allows for easy placement over the wound area and conformability to the patient’s chest.
Meets or exceeds the current EMS Standard of Care and TCCC & TECC Guidelines for the treatment of penetrating injuries to the chest, the new HyFin Vent Chest Seal Twin Pack is the superior prehospital chest seal.
Features & Details:
- Patented, new design with 3-channel pressure relief vents
- Gauze pad: Included with each chest seal to wipe the wound surface prior to application
- Two Chest Seals: Included for the treatment of both entry/exit or multiple penetrating injuries
- Advanced adhesive technology: Adhesive for a superior seal in the most adverse conditions, including sweaty or hairy casualties
- 3-vent channels: These prevent airflow into the chest cavity during inspiration while allowing air to escape through the vent channels during exhalation
- Vent channel backup system: Vent channels allow blood to escape and provides a backup fail-safe system as even if two of the three channels become obstructed, the vent will remain fully operational
- Red-Tip™ tab: Easy-to-grip, large Red-Tip™ tab for single step, peel-and-apply application that allows for the burping of the wound if necessary
- Red-Tip Technology™ tear knotches: Rugged, easy-to-open foil package featuring signature Red-Tip Technology™ tear notches with perforated packaging allowing rescuers to open only one dressing at a time as needed
- Gunshot Wounds
- Mass Casualty Events
- Large Non-Compressible Injuries Where Tourniquets Cannot Be Applied
Stay Prepared, Stay Safe. You never know when you will need to be the first responder.